Our employees are at the heart of our success. Vanguard is committed to a work environment that respects and values the talents and expertise of our employees.
Industrial Coatings Chemist
As noted elsewhere in our site, Vanguard was established in 1939, and we provide custom-formulated finishes to meet the unique needs of each customer. We specialize in VOC compliance coatings for metal, wood, and plastic with special emphasis on waterborne and high solids bake and air dry finishes for metal.
We need an additional chemist to enable us to capitalize on existing opportunities as well as leading us as we explore new areas/industries with growth potential for us. In depth knowledge of water based acrylic chemistry is a plus.
The succesful candidate will be responsible for:
- New product development
- Technical service to customers – Travel will be required
- Quality control supervision
- Creating and maintaining regulatory information
- Label programs and Batchmaster software use and maintenance
- Manufacturing problems – causes, cures, and prevention
4 year degree with 2-4 years relevant experience in the industry or 8-10 years of professional experience as a chemist in the industrial coatings industry.
- Desire to help our customers be better and satisfy their needs is #1
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability and desire to work in a small company setting
- Ability to work independently
Negotiable – based on education and experience.
401k with company match
Health insurance/presription drug coverage available
Life Insurance coverage
Please send your resume or respond directly to:
- Jeffrey L. Hollister
- 740-373-5261 Office
- 740-516-8698 Cell